The District of Saanich is accepting applications from residents wishing to be involved in local government by sitting as a member of an Advisory Committee, Board or Foundation. Appointments effective 2024 are made by Saanich Council and are generally for a one-year term. If you would like to serve your community, we encourage you to apply.
The Council Advisory Committees listed below deal with a wide range of municipal topics. Most meet monthly except in July, August and December. The terms of reference for each committee are available online at saanich.ca/committees or by contacting the Legislative Services Division at 250-475-5501. Saanich welcomes youth aged 16 – 24 years to apply for the Youth Representative position on the Advisory Committees. Youth members are full voting committee members.
• Accessibility, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion • Arts, Culture and Community Wellbeing
• Board of Variance (3-year term)
• Economic Development
ADVISORY DESIGN PANEL:
• Natural Areas, Parks and Trails
• Sustainability and Climate Change • Transportation
The purpose of the technical Advisory Design Panel is to advise Council or the Director of Planning on the design merits of plans supporting specific public and private development applications. The commitment is a 2-year term. The following applications are being accepted from residents of Saanich:
- Building Industry representative via the District of Saanich application process;
- Architects, via the Architectural Institute of BC (AIBC) firstname.lastname@example.orgSAANICH HERITAGE FOUNDATION: This Foundation is a registered non-profit society that promotes the preservation, maintenance and restoration of buildings, structures and land located in the Municipality of Saanich which have been designated as Municipal Heritage Sites by the Municipal Council. The terms of reference can be found at saanich.ca/committees. For more information, please contact the Saanich Heritage Foundation President via email at email@example.com
COMMISSIONS AND BOARDS: The District of Saanich also appoints residents to a limited number of other commissions and boards on which local representation is sought. For 2024, appointments will be made to the following organizations:
- Board of Cemetery Trustees of Greater Victoria – Royal Oak Burial Park (3-year term)
- Greater Victoria Library Board (2-year term)
- Vancouver Island Regional Correctional Centre Community Advisory Board (1-year term)
- Victoria Family Court and Youth Justice Committee (1-year term)HOW TO APPLY: Saanich residents interested in being considered for an appointment must provide a résumé and complete an Application for Appointment form, available online at saanich.ca/committees.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4:30 P.M., FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2023
Submit to the Legislative Services Division, District of Saanich, 770 Vernon Avenue, Victoria, B.C., V8X 2W7, or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.