You are invited to attend an in-person or online open house to learn more about the proposed redevelopment of the Nellie McClung library, including an affordable rental housing complex above the proposed redeveloped library.
Saanich has hired Island View Land Management to lead the rezoning application for this mixed-use library and affordable housing rental apartment development of the Nellie McClung Branch Library located at 3950 Cedar Hill Road.
Key objectives of this project include:
- Redevelop the Nellie McClung Branch Library
- Work with the Greater Victoria Public Library to include a functional 25,000 square foot to 30,000 square foot space.
- Create Affordable Housing Opportunities
- Develop a housing program which best-positions this building for success in a Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation and BC Housing Grant Application
- Create an Improved Public Realm
- Ensure indoor and outdoor space and streetscape creates a safe, inviting and welcoming pedestrian interface.
- Design a Feasible Development Program
- Utilize industry best practices to ensure the project is environmentally efficient and economically viable.
Upcoming Open House
You are invited to a neighbourhood open house to learn about the proposed redevelopment of the Nellie McClung Branch Library.
In-Person open house
- Tuesday, November 14, 2023 | 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Presentation Begins at 5:30 p.m.
- Nellie McClung Branch Library Meeting Room (3950 Cedar Hill Road)
Online open house
- Thursday, November 16, 2023 | 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Presentation begins: 5:10 p.m. (participants are encouraged to join a few minutes early)
- Join the meeting here
Anticipated Project Timeline
Please be in touch with Niall from Island View Land Management if you have any questions or concerns: